Thursday, June 9, 2011

Waiting for His Timing (Part 2)

I know the arguments swirling in some of your heads right now because I sat there and argued with others and myself against this idea.  God gave everything for us, sending His son to earth knowing all along that the day would come where He would have to witness him die the cruelest death of that time, so why do we fight so hard on giving back to Him 100%?  I was convicted this past weekend that I want God to provide NOW and I want Him to provide ALL, while giving back about 0.1% of myself to Him.  I am positive that God has called Meghan and I to Italy to serve a people bound and broken in sin, so I rest assured that He will provide.  At the same time, though, I was not allowing God to have control of this particular area of my life.  I wanted to accomplish this in my own strength and after 10 months I am weary and do not wish to bear this load alone anymore.

Now, rejuvenated and going out with a boldness that could only be sparked by the assurance that God is in control, Meghan and I set out to share our passion for ministering to a lost people.  A people who have no idea they have a heavenly Father who loves them very much.  A people who search and search for fulfillment, but only find emptiness.  Our mission is set before us and now it's time to execute.

We need partners.  We understand not everyone is in a position to give financially, but there is so much more that goes into someone going out into the world to take the light of Christ other than money.  We need people who will dedicate time each day to pray for Meghan and me as we prepare and, eventually, leave for Italy.  We need people who can connect with others who would be interested in supporting us financially on monthly basis for five years.  And, yes, we do need those who can give and are willing to give to do so.

Together we will all be doing the work of God as one.  In Corinthians Paul compares the makeup of a church to parts of the human body, every individual part unique and none less important than the next.  I feel this analogy can also be applied to those who partner with missionaries; we are just one part of this body.  If you would like to commit on any level for any amount of time please email Meghan and I at baldwins@avmi.org so we can get in contact with you.  With your help and God's grace I know that 12 months from now Meghan and I will be heading for Rome with 100% of the support needed.

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment